Information about Parking in Havering
Choose your Havering parking space from our range of options. For stress-free parking, park with us!
With a population of around 250,000 people, the Borough of Havering is home to Romford, Hornchurch, Collier Row and Rainham as well as other notable communities. You’ll find it in the far north-east of Greater London so there’s plenty of suburban shopping and wide, open spaces to explore.
Havering is also known for the hot-air balloon flights which take place in its many open green spaces, and with over half of the borough designated parkland it’s a splendid view from the air. But if you’d rather keep your feet firmly on the ground you can enjoy a day out at Hornchurch Country Park. Keep an eye out for the herd of deer sometimes found in Bedford Park too!
Romford is considered the commercial hub of the borough, with offices and shopping close to the railway station. Romford Market was first established in 1247 and is now open Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. It is a good place to stop for local produce and goods close to the station. Nearby, the Liberty Shopping Centre will have everything else you need along with some more traditional shops.
Let us meet all your Havering parking needs. YourParkingSpace provides an online platform for reserving a parking space in advance. Pre-book parking in Havering with us and avoid the stress of driving around looking for a place to park.
Earn money from your parking space in or near Havering
List your space for free within 2 minutes
Join 124 other space owners in this area
Rent out your driveway, parking space or garage
Your first £1,000 each year is tax-free
You choose when your space is available
Receive automatic monthly payouts
It’s free to join and only takes 2-3 minutes to register. List your space and start earning today!List Your Space
Havering Parking Statistics
4.8 out of 5 stars
Average parking rating for Havering
By YourParkingSpace drivers for Havering spaces
132 parking spaces
Available for drivers visiting Havering
Parking in Havering
There are several council run car parks throughout the Borough of Havering which are available for use at cost. Pay and display street parking is also available, as are car park season tickets which range from monthly, to quarterly to yearly subscriptions.
- Angel Way car park (24 hours, Monday to Sunday. 480 total spaces, 22 disabled). No motorcycle parking.
- Como Street car park (24 hours, Monday to Sunday. 134 spaces, 7 disabled). Motorcycle parking available.
- Cottons Park car park (8:00am - 6:00pm, Monday to Sunday). 3 hour maximum stay Monday to Friday, 5 hour maximum stay Saturday.
- Lodge Farm Park South Carlton Road (8:00am - 6:00pm, Monday to Sunday). 3 hour maximum stay Monday to Friday, 5 hour maximum stay Saturday.
- Lodge Farm Park North Main Road (8:00am - 6:00pm, Monday to Sunday). 3 hour maximum stay Monday to Friday, 5 hour maximum stay Saturday.
- Market Place car park (6:00am - 10:30pm Monday, 6:00am - 7:00pm Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday). Overnight parking is available on non-market days.
- Marshalls Park car park (weekend parking only)
- Old Church Rise car park (24 hours, Monday to Sunday. 82 total spaces, 3 disabled).
- Slaney Road car park (7:00am - 6:00pm. 100 total spaces)
- Town Hall car park (7:00am - 6:00pm. 60 total spaces, 7 disabled). Motorcycle parking available.
- Appleton Way car park (48 total spaces, 2 disabled).
- Billet Lane car park (94 total spaces, 7 disabled). Motorcycle parking available
- Dorrington Gardens car park (191 total spaces, 5 disabled).
- Fentiman Way car park (133 total spaces, 9 disabled). Motorcycle parking available
- Keswick Avenue car park (48 total spaces, 2 disabled).
- Woodhall Crescent car park (32 total spaces, 3 disabled).
- Balgores Square car park (36 total spaces).
- Front Lane car park (42 total spaces, 3 disabled). Motorcycle parking available
- St Nicholas Avenue East car park (47 total spaces, 2 disabled).
- Corbets Tey road car park (120 total spaces, 4 disabled). Motorcycle parking available
- Wilson Close (Gaynes road) car park (100 total spaces, 8 disabled).
- Cherry Tree Lane car park (54 total spaces, 2 disabled).
- Viking Way car park (32 total spaces, 2 disabled).
- Rex Close car park (107 total, 9 disabled). Motorcycle parking available
Alternatively you can browse the options available at YourParkingSpace. We have short term and long term options available in Havering.
The Borough of Havering is home to some fascinating attractions.
There’s the Upminster Windmill which dates back to 1803. It’s a picturesque place to stop and visit, especially when the museum is open. Other historical or notable sites in the borough include The Diver - a 4.6m tall sculpture in the River Thames, and Rainham Hall - a Grade II listed site. Keep an eye out for evidence of Roman occupation too!
The Old Royal Naval College is a perfect day trip while you’re in Havering, as is Eltham Palace and Queen Elizabeth’s Hunting Lodge.
Havering, and in particular Romford, hosts a vibrant nightlife with an abundance of bars and nightclubs which outnumber anywhere else in Greater London apart from the West End. Getting out and about for an evening of fun has never been easier.
Planning a night out in Havering? Find convenient parking with YourParkingSpace within walking distance of the area’s main attractions.
By Train: The Overground line, Greateranglia and TfL Rail lines run to Havering.
By Bus: Greater London has an extensive bus network, and Havering has several bus lines which operate within the borough.
By Car: Following the A12 or A13 will take you through Havering.
By Underground: The District Line runs through Havering, so getting here from the rest of Greater London is easy.
Disabled Parking in Havering
Many council car parks in the Borough of Havering have disabled parking spaces available. However, unless their car has a tax classification of ‘disabled’ and is exempt from road tax, blue badge holders will need to pay for parking. If all of the exemptions are met, three hours of free parking is available for blue badge holders.
To search for the disabled car park that is closest to your destination in Havering, see the Blue Badge Parking website.
Electric vehicle charging stations are available at several locations in Havering. The closest ones in Romford are:
- Dagenham Road Car Park
- Tony LeVoi Vauxhall Romford
- Shell Romford
A network of all electric vehicle charging points can be found on the government's Go Ultra low website.
Do you own an empty parking space in Havering? Turn your vacant driveway, parking space, or lock-up garage into income with YourParkingSpace. List your space for free in only 2 minutes.
What is the population of Havering?
As of 2018 the population of the Borough of Havering is estimated to be 257,800.
How big is the London Borough of Havering?
Havering is 112.3km² total
What is there to do in Havering?
The Queen’s Theatre Hornchurch is a good place to spend an evening with over 500 seats and an often full line up of events.
For a fun time for the whole family there’s Old MacDonald’s Farm & Fun Park or the stunning Belhus Woods Country Park.
Oh no! We're currently having difficulties loading venues near Havering, please check back later.
Oh no! We're currently having difficulties loading events near Havering, please check back later.
Latest Havering parking reviews
Great parking space. Very close to gidea park station, easy to find and ample spaceLauren
Great location, no problems and a very friendly service from Chantelle.Pav
Great space - lovely owner, very prompt replies and very friendlyRachel
Easy to find and perfect for local theatre. Would use again.Julie
Easy to find, friendly and helpful owner!Anja
Really nice spot to park, completely off road. Always felt my car was 100% safe to leave there. The lady who owns the space is very nice and approachable and on the rare occasion I contacted her, very responsive. A very competitive rate for a spot close to the station.Annette
Easy to find and owner was very nice ThanksKelly
Excellent space that’s really convenient for the station. Really helpful & friendly owner too.Joanne
We parked here yesterday it was all perfect - thank youRickard