Morningside Arena Parking
Information about Parking in Morningside Arena
Choose your Morningside Arena parking space from our range of options. For stress-free parking, park with us!
The Morningside Arena is located on Charter Street just outside of the Leicester city centre. It is Leicester’s biggest indoor events venue and is the home of the Leicester Riders, the British basketball league team who have won multiple titles. The arena has a maximum capacity of up to 3,000 people and has over 2,400 square metres of space in the main arena which can be used for corporate events, weddings, sports events, concerts, and plenty more.
The conference suite has 220 square metres of space with a maxim capacity of 300. It can be divided up into 5 individual spaces and configured into the set-up that works for you, with catering facilities and packages ranging from half-days, full days, or short-term time periods.
Let us meet all your Morningside Arena parking needs. YourParkingSpace provides an online platform for reserving a parking space in advance. Pre-book parking near the Morningside Arena with us and avoid the stress of driving around looking for a place to park.
Earn money from your parking space in or near Morningside Arena
List your space for free within 2 minutes
Join 92 other space owners in this area
Rent out your driveway, parking space or garage
Your first £1,000 each year is tax-free
You choose when your space is available
Receive automatic monthly payouts
It’s free to join and only takes 2-3 minutes to register. List your space and start earning today!List Your Space
Morningside Arena Parking Statistics
4.6 out of 5 stars
Average parking rating for Morningside Arena
By YourParkingSpace drivers for Morningside Arena spaces
121 parking spaces
Available for drivers visiting Morningside Arena
Parking near the Morningside Arena
The easiest option for Morningside Arena parking is the complimentary parking offered for those using the conference suite. Otherwise, there are several options for parking near the Morningside Arena nearby. Event car parking can be found at the following locations:
- Leicester College St Margaret’s Campus
- Painter Street & Memory Lane
- Charter Street Businesses (excluding Knitmania, GE Commercial Vehicle Services & Leicester Handmade Naan Bakery Ltd.)
- Belgrave Circle/Melton Road (free after 6pm)
- Leicester Arena – Disabled/Designated parking only on game days.
The following car parks are within walking distance of the Morningside Arena:
- John Lewis Highcross (LE1 4QJ):
- £2.50 (after 5pm, leave before 6am)
- 12 minutes’ walk from Morningside Arena
- Lee Circle (LE1 3RE):
- 9 minutes’ walk from Morningside Arena
- Leicester Abbey Street (LE1 3UA):
- 9 minutes’ walk from Morningside Arena
There are around 8,500 parking spaces in the city centre, as well as 1,500 spaces across the three park and ride schemes. You will find car parks (both private and council-run) in the following locations:
- North Zone (Haymarket Shopping Centre, St Margaret's Bus Station and the St George's Cultural Quarter):
- Haymarket Centre, LE1 3HQ (free Blue Badge parking)
- Abbey Street
- Lee Circle
- South Zone (De Montfort University, Newarke Houses Museum, Welford Road Stadium and Leicester Royal Infirmary):
- Welford Road
- Newarke Street (near Sue Townsend Theatre), LE1 5SN (free Blue Badge parking)
- Upper Brown Street LE1 5AG (free Blue Badge parking)
- East Zone (St George's Cultural Quarter, Curve, Phoenix, Leicester Train Station, The Y Theatre and New Walk Museum):
- Rutland Centre
- East Street
- Phoenix Square, LE1 1TE (free Blue Badge parking)
- West Zone (King Richard III Visitor Centre, Highcross Shopping Centre, Cathedral Gardens and the Guildhall):
- St Nicholas Circle
- Applegate, LE1 5LD (Blue Badge holders parking only)
- Central Zone (Surface level car parks):
- Lee Circle over-height vehicle park
- Mansfield Street (rear of Argos)
- Dover Street, LE1 6PT (free Blue Badge parking)
- Mansfield Street (entrance opposite Sandacre Street)
- Outer Zone:
- Almond Road
- Victoria Park, LE1 7RU (free Blue Badge parking)
- St Margaret's Pastures, LE1 4DB (free Blue Badge parking)
- Granby Halls
- Abbey Park, LE1 3WA (free Blue Badge parking)
- Watermead Country Park Car Park (off Alderton Close) LE4 7RN (free Blue Badge parking)
Free motorcycle parking is available in designated bays at Newarke Street, Dover Street, Victoria Park and Watermead Country Park (Alderton Close) car parks, and on Millstone Lane, Rutland Street and Bowling Green Street.
Looking for a place to park close to the Morningside Arena? You can browse through the options available on our website. Long-term and short-term off-street parking options include driveways and lock-up garages. Book your car park in advance in minutes from the comfort of your couch.
Abbey Park offers 32 acres of grounds to explore just outside of the city centre. It was first opened in 1882, and sits on the ruins of the Abbey of Saint Mary de Pratis. The abbey was first established in 1143, and was then dissolved in 1538 and then demolished. It used to be used to train archaeology students at the University of Leicester, and is now protected as a scheduled monument and is Grade I Listed. Abbey Park has been awarded a Green Flag, and offers a boating lake, bowling green, orienteering courses, tennis courts, gardens, and ping pong tables.
The National Space Centre has a planetarium, six galleries, a café, and a shop. In 2020, it was awarded a Tripadvisor Travellers’ Choice Winner, putting it in the top 10% of attractions in the world. The Rocket Tower is 42 metres tall and is home to Blue Streak and Thor Able rockets. The National Space Centre has been visited by Buzz Aldrin himself, and is home to the Sir Patrick Moore Planetarium, the biggest Planetarium in the UK.
Planning a night out in Leicester? Find convenient parking with YourParkingSpace within walking distance of the area’s main attractions.
By Train: The Leicester train station is a 20-minute walk from the Morningside Arena and services the CrossCountry and E M R lines.
By Bus: Several bus lines run within walking distance of the Morningside Arena, including 5, 5A, 6, 22, 25, 26, 54, 126, and 127.
By Car: Leicester is located just off the M1 motorway, and is the meeting point of the A6, A47, A607, and A46.
Disabled Parking near Morningside Arena
There is free blue badge parking available in the city centre at the following locations:
- Haymarket Centre, LE1 3HQ
- Upper Brown Street LE1 5AG
- Phoenix Square, LE1 1TE
- Applegate, LE1 5LD
- Dover Street, LE1 6PT
- Victoria Park, LE1 7RU
- St Margaret's Pastures, LE1 4DB
- Abbey Park, LE1 3WA
- Watermead Country Park Car Park (off Alderton Close) LE4 7RN
To search for the disabled car park that is closest to Morningside Arena, see the Blue Badge Parking website.
There are two electric charging stations at the Morningside Arena, as well as a handful in the city centre.
A network of all electric vehicle charging points can be found on the government's Go Ultra low website.
Need a boost? Book in advance with YourParkingSpace and remove the stress of finding that elusive charging station.
Do you own an empty parking space near the Morningside Arena? Turn your vacant driveway, parking space, or lock-up garage into income with YourParkingSpace. List your space for free in only 2 minutes.
Where is the Morningside Arena located?
The Morningside Arena sits on Charter Street, just to the north of the city centre beside Abbey Park.
What sort of events does the Morningside Arena host?
The Morningside Arena can host corporate events, special events like weddings, sports games, concerts, and general events like markets and shows.
What is the capacity of the Morningside Arena?
The main arena of the Morningside Arena has a maximum capacity of 3,000, and the conference rooms have a maximum capacity of 300. The conference rooms can be adapted to suit whatever you’re using them for, and can be split up into as many as 5 separate rooms.
Oh no! We're currently having difficulties loading venues near Morningside Arena, please check back later.
Oh no! We're currently having difficulties loading events near Morningside Arena, please check back later.
Oh no! We're currently having difficulties loading travel near Morningside Arena, please check back later.
Latest Morningside Arena parking reviews
East from start to finish. Convenient for the shops tooMark
Really easy to find and short walk to city centre.Zachary
Bit of a pain, because you have to go to the hotel reception to get an updated ticket each time you want to leave the car park however besides that, big spaces and good location so would definitely recommend!S
Easy place to find and parking felt reasonably safe. Car park wasn’t busy at all so plenty of places to park. Very convenient in terms of location so easy access to city centre with a short walkDhiren
Very easy to parkSabina