Information about Parking in Chelmsford
Choose your Chelmsford Library parking space from our range of options. For stress-free parking, park with us!
Chelmsford Library is based in the heart of Chelmsford. It provides a wealth of services including the use of computers, scanners, printing, photocopying, Wi-Fi, and computers.
Other community services include hearing aid batteries, event room hire and a sensory wall.
The library also offers small electricals and battery recycling, and visitors can charge their phones by using a kinetic bike.
Chelmsford Library opening hours are:
- Monday to Friday: 9am - 6.30pm
- Saturday: 9am - 5.30pm
- Sunday: 1pm - 4pm
Classes, meetups events are held regularly, and include:
- Baby and Toddler Rhymetime: Free your child’s imagination with songs and stories, give their early communication skills a boost and have fun together
- Tablet Taster Session: Help and advice for new tablet users.
- Royal Association for Deaf People: Help, support, advice, and guidance
- Play and Learn: Play session for 0-5's to learn and develop through play, crafts, activities, singing and more
- Work Club: Help with CVs, search and apply online for jobs.
- Essex Sight: Drop-in session offering advice and equipment for blind and partially sighted people, their families and carers.
- Sensory Play: Drop-in sensory play session for children aged 0-5
- After School Craft Club,
- Basic Computer Coaching
Earn money from your parking space in or near Chelmsford
List your space for free within 2 minutes
Join 802 other space owners in this area
Rent out your driveway, parking space or garage
Your first £1,000 each year is tax-free
You choose when your space is available
Receive automatic monthly payouts
It’s free to join and only takes 2-3 minutes to register. List your space and start earning today!List Your Space
Chelmsford Parking Statistics
4.7 out of 5 stars
Average parking rating for Chelmsford
By YourParkingSpace drivers for Chelmsford spaces
904 parking spaces
Available for drivers visiting Chelmsford
Parking at Chelmsford Library
The library is located at the County Hall. The County Hall car park can only be used with prior arrangement and a pass being issued.
West End car park
The council-run West End Pay and Display car park is located within a short walk of the Chelmsford Library:
- Postcode: CM1 1QS
- Location of entrance: Railway Street
- Length of stay: Short stay
- Type: Surface
- Number of spaces: 45
- Disabled spaces: 4
- Payment type: Credit/debit card, Coins, Pay by phone
You must pay when you arrive at the car park and before you leave your vehicle (this includes paying by phone)
MiPermit phone number Call: 0345 520 7007. Text: 61600.
Charging period: 8am to 11:59pm (Monday to Sunday)
- Up to 30 minutes (Monday to Sunday, 8am to 11:59pm): 40p
- Up to one hour (Monday to Sunday, 8am to 11:59pm): £1.40
- Up to two hours (Monday to Sunday, 8am to 11:59pm): £1.70
- Up to three hours (Monday to Sunday, 8am to 11:59pm): £2.50
- Evenings (Monday to Sunday, 5pm to 11:59pm): £1
- You're not allowed to park for more than three hours.
- You mustn't return to this car park for at least one hour after leaving.
Let us meet all your Chelmsford Library parking needs.
YourParkingSpace provides a simple online platform for reserving a parking space in advance. Long-term and short-term off-street parking options include driveways and lock-up garages.
YourParkingSpace is available 24 hours a day. Download our free app for iOS and Android, and get parking in your pocket!
Getting to Chelmsford Library
By Bus: Numerous buses stop nearby, at the Cathedral stop.
By Train: Chelmsford train station is located a 4-minute walk away.
Disabled Parking in Chelmsford Library
To see a map with all disabled bays close to Bow Road Station, visit the Blue Badge Parking website.
The closest electric vehicle charging station is located at the Fairfield Road car park. A network of all electric vehicle charging points in the UK can be found on the government's Go Ultra low website.
Do you own an empty parking space near Chelmsford Library? Turn your vacant driveway, parking space, or lock-up garage into income with YourParkingSpace. List your space for free, and watch the bookings roll in.
What are Chelmsford Library’s opening hours
Monday to Friday: 9am - 6.30pm
Saturday: 9am - 5.30pm
Sunday: 1pm - 4pm
The library is closed on the following days:
- Bank Holidays
- Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day
- Good Friday and Easter Sunday
What is the address of the Chelmsford Library?
The library is located at County Hall, Market Road, Chelmsford, CM1 1QH
Oh no! We're currently having difficulties loading events near Chelmsford, please check back later.
Latest Chelmsford parking reviews
Great parking in a quiet residential area. Wasn't quite sure exactly where the bay was so drove to the end and turned left and there was the bay. If you leave your car and go back down the road that you turned left on there is a small cut through at the bottom on the left to the canal where you can have a lovely walk 5 mins into Chelmsford. Will definitely use again, thanksEmma
Very handy for Essex County Cricket ClubRobert
Found the space easily, and as it is accessed from the outskirts of town, it didn’t take too long to get parked. Very spacious car parking space. Big enough to accommodate my large car, with ample room to get out. It is about a 10 minute walk to the train station and about the same to the centre of town. I would definitely recommend this spaceKaren
I used this space last minute and booked 5 minutes before using it. Owner was very nice and I knew it was very secure location. Will definitely use againNicki
First time I have been to this space, I was very confused as to whether I had the right place at first, the photos could do with being updated Will use again, now I know I was in the right place!Vanessa
Easy and clear to find the space. Would use againIan